800x480p 5 inch HDMI Capacitive Touch Screen LCD with HDMI and USB Cable
This 5-inch HDMI LCD is compatible with a variety of devices such as Banana Pi, BeagleBone Black, Raspberry Pi, NVIDIA Jetson Nano, Personal Computers, and gaming consoles (as long as they support HDMI interface). The hardware resolution of this LCD is 800x480 pixels. The software resolution is configurable to a maximum of 1920x1080 pixels. The LCD features capacitive touch technology. Basic accessories, HDMI cable, HDMI to Micro HDMI adapter, and USB cable are included.
Features of 800x480p 5-inch HDMI Capacitive Touch Screen LCD with HDMI and USB Cable
- Touch Technology: Capacitive touch control
- Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels hardware resolution (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels software resolution is configurable)
- Interface: HDMI port (comes with HDMI cable) (works with most HDMI compatible devices, however, the touch function may be limited by some Operating Systems)
- USB: USB port (comes with Type A to Micro B USB cable)
- OSD Menu: Multi-language On-Screen Display Menu to adjust power, contrast, and brightness settings
- VGA: VGA input supported (needs an external VGA cable. It is NOT included in this offer)
- Audio Output: Audio Jack 3.5mm | Supports HDMI audio output
- Weight: 196 grams
- Dimensions: 121.0 x 89.48 (mm) | 12.1 x 8.948 (cm)
System Compatibility for 800x480p 5-inch HDMI Capacitive Touch Screen LCD
- Compatible with WIN10 IoT, Raspbian, Kali, Retropie, and Ubuntu
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: Works as a PC monitor | 5 Point Touch | Driver Free
- Compatible with Gaming Consoles: Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Xbox360, and Sony PS4, etc.
- Operating Systems of gaming consoles may not support the touch functionality
- Operating Systems of gaming consoles may not support audio output via the embedded speaker or earphone jack
- Raspberry Pi board is NOT included
- Speaker (demonstrated in the images) is NOT included
- 1x HDMI Capacitive Touch LCD 5-inch
- 1x Type A to Micro B USB Cable
- 1x Adapter (HDMI to Micro HDMI)
- 1x HDMI Cable
- 1x Screw Pack
- 1x Quick Start Manual
What if the Display doesn’t support Raspbian?
The first thing you need to verify is the legitimacy of the image. Only the official Raspbian image is recommended. Install the driver first and then try running the display with the image already provided.
What if the Display doesn’t support the Waveshare Image?
If the display does not seem to work with the Waveshare Image, you need to check all the connections. If everything seems alright, check the TF and see if the burning process displays any errors. Ideally, the ACT must blink and PWR must be ON. If both LEDs are ON but ACT is not blinking, it indicates the connection error with the TF Card. Check the card’s connection and connect it again making sure that the contact is established in the right way.
Power Supply Compatible with this Display Unit
This display unit is compatible with a 5V/3A power supply adapter. This is a small display so it will not cause problems for the Raspberry Pi board to get started. Sometimes, the Raspberry Pi board doesn’t start but it happens in the case when you connect a large (over 10-inch) display. Large displays often need a stand-alone power supply. But you will not face such issues with small-size display units.