Pimoroni Audio Pack Add-on Board for Raspberry Pi Pico
The Pimoroni Audio Pack has been designed to work with Raspberry Pi Pico. This audio add-on board is compatible with the I2S serial bus protocol. The board produces high quality stereo audio Output. It features the PCM5100A DAC chip that supports up to 32-Bit 384KHz audio output. The 3.5mm Line-Out connector is compatible with the external AMP and powered speakers.
Examples of Applications
- Use Pico as a USB sound card by connecting it to another device.
- Program the sound output for Lo-Fi Synth using the connected Raspberry Pi Pico.
- The 3.5mm Headphone Jack on the Pico Audio Pack supports amplified stereo audio.
- Play audio clips
- Play a variety of sound effects
Features of Pimoroni Pico Audio Pack
- Stereo headphone AMP PAM8908JER (Download Datasheet)
- Stereo DAC PCM5100A (Download Datasheet)
- Stereo Line Out Pack 3.5mm connector
- Stereo Headphone Jack 3.5mm connector
- Designed for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Headphone AMP gain adjustment (High / Low) Switch
- Does not require soldering (if header pins are attached to your Raspberry Pi Pico)
- Female Header (pre soldered) for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Dimensions (including Audio Jacks and Headers): L X W x H – 53mm x 29mm x 11mm | 5.3cm x 2.9cm x 1.1cm
- This Audio Pack add-on board has been designed to attach with the downwards pointing soldered male header on Raspberry Pi Pico.
- If you are using Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040, the I2S audio on this version currently has no MicroPython support. However, you can still use CircuitPython for Raspberry Pi Pico RP2040.
- The underside of the Pico Audio Pack has the USB Port label to show the right side to plug the board into your Raspberry Pi Pico. Use the USB Marking to match the side.
- Pimoroni Audio Pack add-on board (1)
This offer does NOT include Raspberry Pi Pico.